This book contains essays on my contribution to several academic fields, written by my colleagues, for which I am grateful and honored. You can download the book on the website of the Danish Institute for International Studies.
From the announcement of the book:
On the occasion of Mark Juergensmeyer’s retirement Mona Kanwal Sheikh (DIIS) and Isak Svensson (Uppsala University) have compiled an edited volume highlighting central debates and concepts within the fields of religious violence, conflict studies and global studies.
Twenty-two leading scholars from around the world, and with a range of different disciplinary backgrounds, provide broadly accessible overviews of scholarly debates and institutional processes where Juergensmeyer has contributed major insights and made an important impact.
The book is not only a celebration of Mark Juergensmeyer’s lifetime achievements, but also a warranted tool for students and scholars, who want an insight into major conceptual debates on topics such as secularism, cosmic warfare, worldviews, and the globalization of global studies.
- Manfred Steger: theories of globalization
- Saskia Sassen: global societies
- Changgang Guo, The globalization of global studies
- Dominic Sachsenmaier: global history
- Hagen Schulz-Forberg: transnational studies
- Matthias Middel, Leipzig: global studies consortium
- Julie Ingersoll, Univ of North Florida — radical religion
- Ronki Ram, Punjab University: Dalit social movements
- Kathleen Moore, UC- Santa Barbara: Global religion
- Inger Furseth: sociology of religion
- Michael K Jerryson – Religious Violence, Comparative religion
- Mia Bloom – Terrorism research
- Margo Kitts – Religious studies, religious nationalism
- Monica Toft: International Relations and religion
- Manoranjan Mohanty – Gandhian peace, peace studies
- Helmut Anheier – Sociology, Civil society
- Ron E. Hassner – Religious conflicts
- Rich Appelbaum – Global studies, globalization
- Gurinder Singh Mann – Sikh Studies, South Asia
- Isak Svensson – Conflict resolution
- Mona Kanwal Sheikh –Worldview analysis
- Reza Aslan: Cosmic War
- Giles Gunn: Secularism